Can you believe 2017 is more than half over? It’s never too early to start planning for the next semester. Here are five surefire ways to get you ready for new coursework and new experiences.
- Buy your textbooks now. Students usually buy their textbooks during the first week of school, and make no mistake, the lines will be long. Professors usually make a list of books you’ll need for their classes weeks in advance, so head to the bookstore now to get what you need and get out fast.
- Work on your personal brand. It is never too early to begin crafting your resume and building a personal website. Wix and Weebly are free and user-friendly website builders that have plenty of cool templates. Start attending networking mixers at your college or in your city now so that you can build a network of people who can help you and vice versa. In a society where a job application simply isn’t enough anymore, employers will be impressed that you took the time to showcase your work.
- Start saving money. Open a savings account and start putting money into it. A good place to start is by transferring $10 a week from your checking account. It might seem like a small amount, but over time you’ll be able to see what a high amount you’ve contributed to your future house or vacation.
- Clean up your living space. You’re more likely to think clearly and be productive when you have a clear space that is organized. It doesn’t have to be boring, either: Get creative and be sure to include your own flair! A little redecorating with fun fixtures and furniture can help ignite a new burst of energy.
- Start caring more about your body. We can’t be eating ramen and mac and cheese and expect our bodies to function normally. Try a few easy, healthy recipes that will get your mind churning, and make a point to head to the gym a few nights a week. You’ll sleep better and stay focused in the classroom.
The best way to start a new semester is to use South Florida Education Center for all your school-related transportation needs. Learn more today!